Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update that never ends, over and over again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Astrovel

Astrovel

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

Can anybody give me an idea of how to fix this? I just changed internet security software. Don't know if that has anything to do with this problem or not. Doesn't seem to me related.

Every day, when I sign on, I have a yellow badge in my task bar saying "Updates are ready to be installed, click here." I click and it starts to "supposedly" install KB954430 update. It pops up a window saying that it updated but the next day, it is right back again. I have "supposedly" installed this update a dozen times and it doesn't stay.

I even went into the Microsoft website and downloaded this update from there and the same thing happens. Why isn't this update sticking?

Thanks for the help in advance.
V

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Seems to be a problem for some users, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sou...mp;oq=&aqi=, but manual install seems to solve it.

Did you remove the "install" from Add/Remove Programs...before trying the install from desktop?

Note the date of the original KB.

I'd suspect that something is wrong with your WinUpdate system on your computer, but have no clue as to what or how to repair it.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users