Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet won't work after removing FakeAlert and VundoH

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BAM3

BAM3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

Hi,
I'm new to the forum so please be patient.

I am currently running Windows XP Media Center Addition SP2.

Earlier this week, i picked up two viruses called FakeAlert and Vundo.H. McAfee was unable to remedy the problem and my computer was useless. From a separate memory stick I ran the following programs in this order:
ATF Cleaner
SuperAntiSpyware
Malwarebytes Anti Maleware

These programs successfully quarantined the two Trojans as well some other adware and spyware. I restarted and ran the programs again. Upon startup I am getting an error stating that McAfee Back up and Restore couldn’t open port 9000…. I also scanned with McAfee but found nothing. Everything else seems to working correctly, but I am unable to access the internet. The computer successfully logs into the wireless network but no internet pages cannot be displayed. It seems that the router is sending info but the computer isn't receiving it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users