Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrayApp Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 paaly1

paaly1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

Recently, TrayApp pops up, along with an Error 1704 message. Im told that the program is on a CD-Rom, whcih I must insert.

About a week BEFORE, this began, I discovered that my CD-rom drive was inoperable: it could not read discs and the drawer wouldn't open. I found out when I tried to remove the HP Printer software disk that usually resided in the drive. Had to insert a straightened clip in the pinhole to extract the disc.

A number of posts I've read in various forums seem to attribute TrayApp problems to the HP Printer software. I cannot find the TrauApp.msi file that is often cited.

The other incident that made me think was the cause of my grief was that, at one point, I started to download Viewpoint Media Player. My computer froze in the process and I had to turn it off, manually. Only once, since then, have I seen an error message about VMP.

The continuing, infernal problem is the TrayApp box that takes over the center of the desktop, with the Error 1704 box superimposed. Click on one and the other comes forward . . . and vice versa. I haven't been able to shut down from START ever since this misery began.

Can you help?

BTW . . . I am using HP Officejet 6310, All-iin-One.

Not having an operable CD-rom drive, I can't re-insert the HP disc. I've been looking for an external CD-rom drive but am perplexed. At Office Max, it runs about $50. On line, I see them marketed for under $20. Are the latter any good?

Many questions, I know. Much aggravation.

Would greatly appreciate any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users