Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista won't boot in normal mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indianachick

indianachick

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:19 AM

Tried to open IE and Vista automatically shutdown.

I am able to use IE in Safe Mode.

Tried System Restore to about a week ago, boot went farther than previously, but shutdown again.

ran sfc/scannow in command prompt with ni integrity violations.

I was told to make a start up repair disk from this site. However, I am concerned because I tried to burn some files onto a new cd and I couldn't because this disk wasn't formatted and I have unable to format.

HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

so your issue is with internet explorer???? not vista ?
open ie and disable all add ons clear out the browsers history,, temp files ,, cookies etc ,,, look in tools some where,,, then try it,,,, if this is still no good then uninstall ie using revo uninstaller and re download ie,,,, try for the last version before ie8 as its still buggy,,,, if this is still no good then download firefox and set as default browser,,,, its a lot better than ie anyway :huh:
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users