Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Losing Connection to Game Servers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arcelios

Arcelios

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hello,

A friend of mine and I have been trying to play Civilizaiton IV: Beyond the Sword together, through the standard "Internet" option. It works fine until, after a few minutes, he loses his connection to the Civilization IV server, thus stopping our game.

This also happens when playing Battle For Middle Earth 2, but that doesn't stop our game, so it really isn't a problem. The fact that it occurs in that game, however, implies that it isn't specific to any one game.

I have had no problems like this, so I can only assume that it's on his side.

He is running some sort of laptop (not sure about the manufacturer), with Windows Vista. He has Comcast as his ISP, and I believe that his laptop uses the wireless network he has set up in his house.

Is there something that he or I can do to stop these regular disconnections from occurring?
If you need any more details, do not hesitate to ask.

-Arc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Arcelios

Arcelios
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

I run Verizon DSL, if that makes a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users