Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

73% Processes Running

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ucmego

ucmego

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

Hi,

OS Vista Ult / 16GB Ram

Running Vista 64bit OS and still finding so many processes running why??/

There are always arond 70-80% of processes running with hardly any programs installed.

Help needed to get this down

Thnx

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

hi ,,,, take a look at whats pinned to the start up ,,,, most of everything thats there you can un pin,,, i only have 4 things in my pc ,,, thats my security,,,, avast,,, mbam,, a disc monitor for the hdd and a program for my wireless media key board,
a few ways to view and stop what runs on the start up of the pc,,,
1/ type into start menu search box,,,,, msconfig,,,, hit enter then look in start up
2/ use windows defender to look whats in there and stop stuff from there.
3/ use a software program like win patrol,,,
any entries your unsure about look in the start up section on this sites home page
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 ucmego

ucmego
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Hi,

Thnx for the reply and sorry for the delay in our reply so busy.

Anyway what is better tool to use in terms of startup to shut down processes win patrol or autoruns.

Would like some advice on autoruns how best to go about all our startups.

Can you suggest any others as well that are simple to use.

THNX :huh:

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

hi,,, i have never used auto runs so cant really comment on it,,,, but i have used win patrol in the past and found it very easy and usefull,,,,,,
as a guide what to stop,,,, i use this rule of thumb
1/ do i need is to protect the pc
2/ do i need it for the pc to run
3/ do i need it to run on start up,,, ie,,, will i miss it, do i use it a lot,,, is it slowing down the pc
with this method in mind,,, on this laptop im using at work i have 3 things running on start up,,,
avast home free anti virus,,,,, windows defender (which is crap),,,,, comodo firewall,,,,
the lappy is a 2 core amd with 2gb of ram with 40 processes running when idle and 27% of the ram used.
hope this helps you,,,, it is also a matter of personal choice what you have running, but remember you can always put it back.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users