Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP blue screening on startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeeDunning

LeeDunning

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:47 AM

Hi all. I believe I may have another virus on my system. Whilst browsing a web site, a bubble appeared on my system tray telling me that my firewall was turned off, then the laptop rebooted itself.

Now when I switch on I get a blue screen with a stop message, then it reboots itself.

I can get it into safe mode but only if I press ESC durinf boot up when it asks if I want to skip loading a file.

I have ran malwarebytes which found 5 infected files, AVG has found nothing, spyhunter found a lot of trojan cookies which have been removed but this problem still exists.

If someone can suggest something to me, it would be greatly appreciated. I am having to use my works computer as I probably cant go on the internet in safe mode.

many thanks
Lee.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LeeDunning

LeeDunning
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

Hi. Dont worry about it. I have reinstalled windows and that seems to have solved the problem. I just now have the gruelling task of updating it and installing all my programs again!!! Bloody trojans!!!!

Thanks anyway.
Lee

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Sometimes that is the best thing to do
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users