Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the photographer

the photographer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

I recently built a new computer but it doesnt seem to be running as fast as it should. I downloaded PassMark Performance Test today and ran it on my computer. I got a rating of 1780, however when compared to other ratings with the same processor, my rating is a lot lower. I am not sure why. In the images attached is what I have in my computer. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on it. Please shed some light on me. Another thing, I have DDR2 1200 RAM however, when it wont run at 1200 MHz. THanks for any inputs!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

I will ignore the CPU speed shown as it is likely idled down under light load. That system should be quick with the components listed, very quick.

When/how is it slow? Is it slow loading? Is it slow running programs? No exclamation marks (chipset drivers etc) when you go into device manager?

When you go into task manager, what is running, how much CPU is being used, how much memory is being used (not that I think 8gigs would leave you short, but........)?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 the photographer

the photographer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for the reply dpunisher!

No exclamation marks in device manager.

The programs that i run regularly are lightroom, photoshop, firefox, aim, itunes. There seems to be intermitten locks up too.

I will post what's in the task mgr later today when I get home from work.

#4 the photographer

the photographer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

I will ignore the CPU speed shown as it is likely idled down under light load. That system should be quick with the components listed, very quick.

When/how is it slow? Is it slow loading? Is it slow running programs? No exclamation marks (chipset drivers etc) when you go into device manager?

When you go into task manager, what is running, how much CPU is being used, how much memory is being used (not that I think 8gigs would leave you short, but........)?

Currently i have 4 sessions of firefox running, working in photoshop and lightroom. RAM usage is at 3.25GB and CPU usage is around10- 20%.
What I am more worried about is that the computer locks up too while working.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users