Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything works but keyboard?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 animepunk

animepunk

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

Before I left to go somewhere, I pressed a button which was a moon, on my keyboard. The moon key was a shortcut for sleep mode. After I came back home, everything was the same, but when I tried to get out of sleep mode by pressing letters, or moving the mouse, it didn't work. The monitor , and tower is working, but the mouse isn't. We tried pushing in the wires , to see if it was loose, but that didn't work. We tried rebooting, that didn't work either. The monitor light is blinking , the tower is on, I just can't get out of sleep mode. The computer is new, it was working fine and everything this morning, and evening. The monitor is a Samsung with some starlight touch button, the tower is an hp tower, and the keyboard as well, is hp. Right now, we're trying to unplug everything and plug it in...now that didn't work either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

hi,,,, a HP tower,,,, this should have a recovery partition on the hdd,,,, on boot press f11 i think it is to enter the recovery,,, when in there use the system restore to restore back to before this all happened,,,, if the pc does not have a recovery partition then shove your recovery disc in the drive then boot from the drive and use sys restore in recovery options,,,,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/system-restore-from-windows-vista-recovery-environment/
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users