Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overrun with malware. Can't Launch in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bankedonmemory

bankedonmemory

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

About 2 months ago I switched my laptop from Vista to XP and went to update my display drivers today from what turned out to be an untrustworthy site and was just overrun with malware. Never dealt with anything this over the top. I have symantec endpoint that has caught and supposedly removed several viruses. I have run spybot, superantispyware, malwarebytes anti-spyware all several times and they all supposedly remove everything everytime, but I will immediately scan after the last scan completes and the same viruses pop up.

I've tried launching in safe mode to try an wipe them out that way, but it won't let me. It just reboots when it should be loading. I've tried last known good configuration to no avail. Similar to when i try to run in safe mode. Any help or ideas at this point would be greatly appreciated. It's a personal laptop, but I use it for work and have a lot of info on here I really can't afford to lose at this point...so please, help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users