Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Repair won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ckellingc

ckellingc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

First off, formatting is not an option. I have pages of homework on my hard drive, and I can't afford to get rid of.

Long story short, I was running a new update for Windows Vista, and during the restart, my iPhone got unplugged. Now it won't startup. I can't start the computer and every time I try to "Start windows normally", it just shuts back down. I try to do "Startup Repair", but it fails to find any problems.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

-Chris

Edited by ckellingc, 21 October 2009 - 10:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DistortioniZm

DistortioniZm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:33 AM

From your post it seems that maybe your boot loader got scrambled. Are you running on a RAID array? If not, then your best option is, go buy a new hard drive, UNPLUG the HD within your botched computer holding your data from the motherboards sata and power connector. Hook up the new drive in the other drives place, install vista. Buy an external HDrive enclosure
(something like this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817388017 -) and mount your old drive into it. Plug it up and your data should be there in your user folder. I hope that time is not an issue because this is, in my experience with the exact same problem, is your best option. Make sure to copy all of the information to the new drive, reformat the old drive (within the enclosure) and immediately backup everything meaningful onto the old drive, turn it off, put it in the closet. Rinse and repeat about every three days. Hope this helps, and good luck.

#3 ckellingc

ckellingc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

I forgot to mention I have a laptop. I'm tired of playing withit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users