Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to attach Resume in Word to Yahoo email so it is viewed correctly.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Setterkate

Setterkate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I have been told that one cannot just attach your resume that is in Word to my Yahoo email. Told it isn't viewed properly. Am told there is a way to do it but can't get anyone to tell me how nor can I find where to get the info. I only know computer basics. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Kay
Kay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

If you attach it in attachments and it will be sent by Yahoo! email.

How it would be shown depends on where you sent it and how the receiver opens email (using email clients, web mail and then what kind of web mail). In most email clients and email websites it would be shown as an attachment and wont be opened unless you click on it. While other email websites like GMail would give you an option to view it as html, view using google documents or download.

So it all depends who opens your email and how.

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

There should be no problem sending a .doc or .docx file as an attachment with Yahoo!, but the folks on the receiving end may have something stopping it from getting there or making it viewable. Some places block or quarantine email attachments from ever getting to the recipient since sometime malicious software is transmitted that way - security you know...

Send it you yourself or to a friend and see what it looks like. Figure out what the problem is and, fix it. Find out what the receiver that is complaining is using and try it yourself.

If you are sending it to a recruiter, they may not be using Yahoo! for their professional email, so send it to somebody that uses Yahoo!, Outlook Express, Office 200x, etc. and make sure it looks good in all situations.

I also keep a plain text only copy of my resume for places that will not accept attachments at all.

Open the document in Word, Select All, Copy, open a new text file with Notepad or Wordpad, paste - then you have some hand editing to do to make the text file look readable it is not as exciting as your Word document, but when you are done, you can use it when you need to for those places that say paste your plain text resume here.

You don't want to just open your Word document, copy and paste the raw text into their text receptacle - it look terrible on their end and does not make a good impression. Keep a text copy that looks good handy for pasting when you need it.

This is good for things like cover letters where you have to type one it - keep a generic text copy hand and just paste it in, edit, etc.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users