Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Police Pro & Security Tool Destroyed System Files

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 isalee714

isalee714

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

Windows Police Pro and Security Tool infected my computer. I thought I had removed them with the help of McAfee which I think McAfee deleted my .exe file from system 32. Anyway every time I click a program, try to restore system, cmd or any executable program, I get the message that .... exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I downloaded the Win32Diag file to my desktop but it won't let me execute it: says c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.(my whole name is right here)desktop\Win32KDiag. exe is not a valid Win32 application. I am able to use computer in safe mode with networking. Please help. Isalee714

Edited by isalee714, 21 October 2009 - 04:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisatbluescreen

chrisatbluescreen

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

i'm posting replies to the police pro maleware.
Not really sure if it's against the rules here at bleepingcomputer.
but i want to let you know you're not alone here.

here's hoping you get fixed.
"What I cannot create, I do not understand"
Richard Feynman
Posted Image

#3 isalee714

isalee714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

Thanks. I was hoping to get some help. This virus is a killer. I need my computer to help me with my work. Unfortunately bought it at a jewelry and loan shop and they don't give you diskettes to take home. I don't have money right now to buy virus removal tool and a new Windows XP Program, so I hope someone answers with a solution for you and for me.

Isalee714

#4 isalee714

isalee714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

Oh, just saw this post. Thanks for the reply. I have printed out the info and will try on my computer when I get home. Will let you know if all goes well.

Isalee714

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hi isalee,

Mind telling me who is replying? I am curious to their instructions.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 isalee714

isalee714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Aus Smithy is the one who replied. They just gave a link to try: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...dows-police-pro. However, it does me no good because I can't execute any programs, because of the error message not a valid WIN 32 application. I hope I don't have to reload windows what a headache since I got it used and it was already on there. But I don't know why none of my systems files are working, can't execute edit registry because registry has been turned off by administrator. System restore has been locked - see your domain administrator. It's crazy. But try the link, it may help somebody.

Isalee

#7 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

Please download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) the file to its own folder such as C:\Gmer. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure.)
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on gmer.exe to start the program.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if GMER detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as gmer.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users