Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with urlmon.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joxtersenior

Joxtersenior

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hi -

I'm a newbie to this forum but have been reading posts for some time.
A colleague is trying to load the CDROM of the latest Income Tax regs (in UK). It won't load but presents with error msg 'The procedure entry point CreateURLMonikerEX could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library urlmon.dll'

His desktop system runs on XP SP3. Google searches produce a similar unanswered enquiry in Jan.2009!

I've cleaned the disk, put it into my own D/top - no problem. In his machine, the cd keeps trying to instal.

Any issues we should address?
TIA
Joxtersenior

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

From what I see, you might check for an updated version of the stated program...or run sfc /scannow on the XP install.

Seems to be a file mismatch or interpretation of same.

Louis

#3 Joxtersenior

Joxtersenior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

From what I see, you might check for an updated version of the stated program...or run sfc /scannow on the XP install.

Seems to be a file mismatch or interpretation of same.

Louis

#4 Joxtersenior

Joxtersenior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:49 AM

Thanks Hamlouis -

I'll try this w/end.

Joxtersenior

0 user(s) are reading this topic