Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed Spyware But Cannoct Connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brian315

brian315

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

So here’s my problem…

I my laptop was recently infected with a “Security Tool” spyware virus. I ran Malwarebytes and Norman Anti-spy/malware, which seemed to rid the computer of virus. Unfortunately however, since running the Norman program the laptop will not connect to the internet, neither by ethernet cord nor wireless (the internet was working when I had the virus). When I try to connect to wireless, the computer detects my network and will try to connect for a long time but the connection status reads “not connected.”

I am uncertain if these two errors are connected, but they began around the same time:

1. When I restart the computer an error message appears that reads something to the effect of “Error loading c:\windows\system32\rohebiyi.dll”

2. When I try to take a look at the fire wall I get the following message: “Cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/ Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?”…I click yes… “cannot start Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service (ICS)”

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users