Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Liverpool_1981

Liverpool_1981

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hi im trying to do a clean install of vista after my hard drive died i recieved my new drive today and installation seemed to go as normal till i got to the username and password screen my keyboard and mouse both wont work they work before can enter bios and navigate the vista installation disk to start install just freezes at the point of username and password. Have even tried an xp installation same problem when the installation needs info it freezes cant even power off with the power button please help

It's a laptop

Acer travelmate 4072lmi

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

hi,,,, boot it into the bios and check around for something to do with keyboards etc and enable if there is something there,,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

If you have a spare mouse and keyboard from a desk top you can try plugging them in to get you past this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users