Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sometimes system get very slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 henry_8

henry_8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hey i need one help, I browse almost 12 hours a day, what happens when i continuously use more than 10 hours in a day, system gets very slow, i have 2gb ram capacity, dual core processor higher end. I went to run command type %temp% and deleted all the temp files and i click disk cleanup and cleaned it up, still its running slow, do i have to reinstall the operating system? any suggestions welcome and thanks

Edited by henry_8, 20 October 2009 - 11:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

The problem is that the 2GB of Ram will fill up when you use your pc 12 hours a day and of course, it depends what programs you use. Every time that you open a program, the program loads from the hard disk, to the RAM for quick access.

To solve the problem, Or buy more RAM, OR go to Task Manager and terminate all the processes that are not useful, be careful to not terminate any windows process or the pc could not function well.

Another option is, restart the pc every 5 hours or so, or when the pc gets slow, so it refreshes the RAM.

And how long did you last reinstall the operating system?

Hope that helps

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:34 AM

I do not have any suggestions but i use my computer for that many hours on many days and do not experience that. I only reboot my system once a week at most and I do not have anywhere as much ram as you do, nor do I have as fast of a processor

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:02 AM

I do not have any suggestions but i use my computer for that many hours on many days and do not experience that. I only reboot my system once a week at most and I do not have anywhere as much ram as you do, nor do I have as fast of a processor

Yeah, I use my computer all day right now cause I dont have school for now. But mine is a gaming pc, and I play heavy games, run heavy softwares, never slowed down :thumbsup:

I think a clean windows installation should clear your problem. For how long have you done a clean windows installation?

#5 henry_8

henry_8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

The problem is that the 2GB of Ram will fill up when you use your pc 12 hours a day and of course, it depends what programs you use. Every time that you open a program, the program loads from the hard disk, to the RAM for quick access.

To solve the problem, Or buy more RAM, OR go to Task Manager and terminate all the processes that are not useful, be careful to not terminate any windows process or the pc could not function well.

Another option is, restart the pc every 5 hours or so, or when the pc gets slow, so it refreshes the RAM.

And how long did you last reinstall the operating system?

Hope that helps

Hey thanks for your time to help me, Yes i do sometimes work with the task manager most of the time, i try to remove this svchost file it automatically shutdown the computer within 60 seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users