Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IMEKRMIG

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

I sometimes use this installation so that I can paste characters rather than
unidentifiable, question marks, (?) or little boxes of the Asian Chinese Simplified

after checking this in BC startup I take it it is running although I can not find it in Services,
if I disable it by un checking it, it says that I can run this when needed, how would I start it ?

Information per BC Start Up List;

IMEKRMIG6.1 IMEKRMIG.EXE
N
Part of MS Input Method Editor which is used to ease the input of Asian characters in MS Office (Chinese, Japanese and this one is Korean) ... Read More

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to.
It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources.
The following information is a brief description of what is known about this file.
ame: IMEKRMIG6.1
Filename: IMEKRMIG.EXE
Command: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\IMEKRMIG.EXE
Description: Part of MS Input Method Editor which is used to ease the input of Asian characters in MS Office (Chinese, Japanese and this one is Korean)
File Location: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\IMEKRMIG.EXE
Startup Type: This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.
HijackThis Category: O4 Entry

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

A simple way to run it (after you disabled it from Startup) when you need it is to create a shortcut to it, and put the shortcut somewhere handy, and double click the shortcut to run it.

Side note: You may have to change a default setting or two (not a big deal).
Check your settings by going to My Computer, click Tools, Folder Options, View tab, Scroll down a bit to check your settings.
Mine are set on the following settings (and I am able to view full path/file name):
Radio dot in "Show hidden files and folders" (yes, this item IS selected)
NO CHECKMARK in "Hide Extensions for known file types" (this item is NOT selected)
If you have to make any changes to yours, hit Apply when done, then close the screen.

The path/file name is: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\IMEKRMIG.EXE,
navigate to that folder using My Computer, or Windows Explorer:
  • Go to C: drive
  • Go to Windows folder
  • Go to ime folder
  • Go to imkr6_1 folder
  • Locate file named IMEKRMIG.EXE
  • RIGHT CLICK (one time) on the file called IMEKRMIG.EXE,
  • LEFT CLICK (one time) on "Create Shortcut".
A shortcut named "Shortcut to imekrmig.exe" will appear in that same folder, at the bottom of the list, and it will be highlighted.

You can click/drag the shortcut to your Quick Launch bar, or to your Desktop (your preference),
OR you can Right click, Cut, and then it will go "ghosty" (pale looking).
Then you can go to where you want the shortcut put, and Right click, Paste.

You can also rename the shortcut (if you want) by Right click, Rename, and you can rename it IMEK or anything you want. (It is not necessary to have the .exe part in the name of the shortcut, because it's only a SHORTCUT, not an actual executable.)

It is safer to work with a SHORTCUT, than it is for average users to work with the actual executables, because if the user accidentally moves or deletes the shortcut, no big deal, because the original executable (.exe file) remains intact, in its original location.

:thumbsup:
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users