Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security tool and every program I run gets auto killed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Potliver

Potliver

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

I am infected with security tool and possibly anti virus pro 2010. Every program I try to run or use gets killed automatically. Mbam, Rootkit Hijackthis atfcleaner win 32kdiag.exe ect nothing works. I can't use task manager, msconfig or anything from the control panel. What are the steps I should take to cure my computer? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

Go to Posted Image > Run..., and copy and paste this command into the open box: cmd
press OK.
At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txt
A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop and open in Notepad.
Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

-- Vista users can refer to these instructions to open a command prompt.

If the command prompt does not work, alternatively you can try this:

Please download peek.bat and save it to your Desktop. Double-click on peek.bat to run it. A black Command Prompt window will appear indicating the program is running. Once it is finished, copy and paste the entire contents of the Log.txt file it creates in your next reply.
-- Vista users, users can refer to these instructions to Run a Batch File as an Administrator.

Note: If log.txt does not save to your desktop, it still should automatically open in notepad. You can copy and paste the contents from there or go to File > Save as... and save it to another location.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users