Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Hijack This Log

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

Could someone please take a look at this HijackThis Log from my PC for me? I am new to this bizness. I have run IOBIT's Advanced System Care and it's Security Analyzer suggested I have this log checked out. I may be 'out of line' making this request and if I am I apologize in advance but I think there may be some items in my log that I would be better off without.
Please advise?

Thank you!

Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Security Analyzer
Scan saved at 10:16:24 PM, on 10/20/2009
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.1)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.0 (7.0.5730.13)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\WinBar\WinBar.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Awc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: - -
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O9 - Extra button: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} -
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} -
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...b?1255613741140
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-...indows-i586.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0016-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-...indows-i586.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-...indows-i586.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Imapi Helper - Alex Feinman - C:\Program Files\Alex Feinman\ISO Recorder\ImapiHelper.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: Verizon PC Security Checkup Service (Radialpoint Security Services) - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Verizon\PC Security Checkup\RpsSecurityAwareR.exe
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hello trumpetman51

Welcome to BleepingComputer :(
==========================
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
===========
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 trumpetman51

trumpetman51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

hello kahdah, here's my reply:) I am Including the OTL.txt first then I will reply again with the Extras.txt
Hope I did it right :(

I tried to include those 2 text files for ya, first I pasted them both then just one at a time but both times bleeping computer said my reply was too long to post!

What now?

john
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

Try to post one then wait a minute then post the second one.
Basically make a single post in this thread with the first log then make another post in this thread with the second log.

If it won;t post still then click Here to upload the files please.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#5 trumpetman51

trumpetman51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

I have submitted the two files that OTL produced, I could not post them, not even one at a time

Thanks,

John C

trumpetman51 (John)

#6 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

Your logs are clean.
How many active antivirus programs are you running?
I see AVG,Microsoft security essentials,Iobit,Verizon Secruity suite..
Are all of these installed and running?

#7 trumpetman51

trumpetman51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

The only anti-virus program that is installed and running is AVG. Iobit is their Advanced System Care program that only runs when I decide to run it to look for Windows issues that need to be cleaned up or system issues that need to be corrected. Microsoft Security Essentials I did download but have never run and Verizon Security suite I have run but it is not an anti-virus program.

So the answer is AVG is the only program that is installed and running.

trumpetman51 (John)

#8 trumpetman51

trumpetman51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hey Kahdah,

thanks for your help!! I missed the first thing you said in your last post, that my logs are clean!! Hey, that's great news, isn't it! that means there's nothing sinister running in the background of my pc right? I am so glad to here that!!

Once again, thank you so much for your helping hand!!! It is much appreciated!!! :(

trumpetman51 (John)

#9 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

You are welcome and yes you are clean.

You can delete anything we used.

The following are some articles and a Windows Update link that I like to suggest to people to prevent malware and general PC maintenance.

Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.

Prevention article To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections please read the Prevention artice by Miekiemoes.

If your computer is slow Is a tutorial on what you can do if your computer is slow.

File sharing program dangers Reasons to stay away from File sharing programs for ex: BitTorrent,Limewire,Kazaa,emule,Utorrent,Limewire etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users