Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Malware disabling installs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mr.nick

mr.nick

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

I have a friends computer I'm cleaning up via remotely The OS is Vista sp1 or 2.
The computer is infected badly I'm able to install MBAM and hijackthis ect ect but it won't let me run any of my Malware scanner one than a few sec's until they close out completely. MSE ran half way through the scan before it also got completely disabled.

So I'm wondering if there is a regfix or something that would let me RUN the scanners without them getting disabled.
*note* I also saw PAVRM.exe running in the processes using process Explorer*

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

Read the first part of this tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...dows-police-pro
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mr.nick

mr.nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

Looks Good . I did try something similar I had a few REG EXE fixes but they were for XP so I don't know if they work on vista. Got an error trying to write to the registry with my fixes Idk if the infection blocked the reg file or just incompatible.
Also I wasn't not able to end the Process PAVRM using Window Task manager or Process Explorer.
I'm going to be able to work on the PC physically instead of Remotely so I will try your REG exe Fix as soon as I have the PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users