Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway/Intel D845GRG BEEP CODES?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 five04ever

five04ever

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Trying to fix a gateway/intel D845GRG Mobo (AGAIN) that just went on the blink... At power on it only gives 2 superfast beeps, then 6 normal beeps... I don't know where to find the bios codes, so if anyone has/had this same issue can you please shed some light on what these codes mean?

Thanks
This is a Gateway Tower ESX500S (GM) MFATXPNT P04
motherboard intel part id:4000828 AZRG30301304 AA AB1583-303
BIOS Version: RG84510A.15A.0021.P11
Pentium 4 2.40 GHz
Board Model - D845GRG
Board - AAA81583-303
BIOS - RG84510A.15A.0021.P11.0210160839

Using onboard video
external audio card

Thanks

Updated: Just found these codes but don't have clue on what they mean:

link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/...b/CS-010249.htm

2 beeps - Parity Error <what does this mean?

You are getting 6 beeps indicating 8042 - gate A20 failure:
Check for foreign objects such as screws that may ground the desktop board and make sure the screws that hold the motherboard are not too tight. <doesn't look like these are an issue
Try a different keyboard. <tried this
Try a different processor. <have a P4 w/HT, but not sure if this mobo supports it?

I found out from the owner that she tried to instal a new usb mouse prior to the pc going out.

Also found soe trouble shooting on the 6 beeps, but it's looking like the mobo is bad... Still trying to find out what can be done, so any help appreciated... Thanks

Edited by five04ever, 20 October 2009 - 07:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/...b/CS-010249.htm

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 five04ever

five04ever
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

dpunisher, Thanks for the respond.. i think i was editing my post the same time you were adding the link.

I still would like to know what the '2 beeps - Parity Error' is. I tried everything, so again, any input appreciated.

Ideas??

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

Parity error
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/ram/parityBoot-c.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users