Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Roxio Media Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 XwesX

XwesX

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

I am running windows XP pro sp3. I had installed blackberry desktop software and with it this Roxio Media Manager keeps trying to install itself with windows installer, as soon as you cancel it tries again.

I have tried to remove the blackberry software from add/remove programs but i get a message asking for the msi install file which i no longer have. It asks for version 4.3. When i click cancel here the roxio stops trying to install for awhile and the Blackberry entry in the add/remove programs disappears but both come back on reboot.

I have also looked into the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVerion>Run and RunOnce and also the same location under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for some kind of roxio registry to delete but there is none.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions =D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:45 AM

Found this on another website, hope it helps for you .

Re-download the install file. If you go to blackberry.com you can choose 4.5 with media and 4.5 without media! Without doesn't try to install roxio. With does but it should be imbedded within the the download.

Another Solution

I seemed to have solved it by doing a 'repair' installation in the control panel's add/remove of the BB program.

Hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users