Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen turns pink

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

Randomly when Im playing Call Of Duty : WAW, the screens turn pink, and i have to restart to remove the pink screen.

I recently changed the monitor, although the problem also occurred with the other monitor, so im assuming that it is the Graphic Card. If it is the graphic card, is there something to do to check it out, do some tests?

Didn't noticed any change in graphic quality, only the pink screen.

Graphic Card model : NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT ,1GB.

Thanks in advanced

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

sounds like the card could be overheating ... with the comuter running, check the bottom of the graphics card, and see if the fan is running, if not, turn off the computer and blow the dust out with compressed air.

Or, if you want, upgrade to a newer card.
You could run Everest and find out the GPU temp ... ny Asus Geforce 9400 GT runs around 40C
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Hi thanks for the reply. I thought that too, but forgot to write it ^^ Right now with computer idle, its 40-41C.

Here where I live (Malta) at summer we have a lot of heat, about 30-35C, and i remove the front panel for more air to pass, so more dust will pass also ^^ . Noe the temp is cooler.I will give it a blow with the air compressor, it really needs it. I usually blow the dust off with the air compressor like twice a year, one before summer and one after summer.( with low pressure of course, cause then water will come out, I dont use cans, I use a motor generated air compressor)

Nice card you got there, I like Asus :thumbsup:

Will post the result and thanks ;)

Edited by Delta16, 20 October 2009 - 04:08 PM.

#4 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:12 AM

Clean Up Done, Working normally, Lets hope it will continue to work properly.

Thanks mate

#5 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Today, ive been playing all day long. Then I turned it off for about 2 hours (it should have cooled )and switched it back on. Started playing as soon as i switched it on, and 2 minuter after the screen went pink.

I dont think it was overheated after 2 minutes.

What should I do, Contact the Gainward about the problem, still have 2 more years of warranty, or do something myself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users