Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen randomly going black

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LiveLarge

LiveLarge

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501

Clear description of the problem here

I will be playing a game, Facebook, researching a school subject, etc. The screen will go completely black, no fading, no flickering, just "BOOM" (doesn't actually make the "BOOM" sound) black screen This almost seems as though the screen has been closed without actually having been closed

How I deal with the problem

What I need to do is close the screen and open it and I am back... lol. Also, ctrl-alt-delete brings me to life at the select action screen. (discovered this before I discovered that closing the screen and opening it would bring me back to life) Really annoying. :/

What I have been told

I was told that this is caused by the screen inverter but have since read that what happens with a screen inverter issue is the screen is almost black and would not be fixed by just opening and closing the screen.

How you can help me

Either confirm that this could be caused by the inverter, or maybe give me something else to look at. Maybe it is actually being put into sleep mode for some reason. :/ I have a friend that has replaced the inverter and would be willing to do this for me, but do not want to go to the trouble if this is not the cause. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users