Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

403 error through my LAN

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SyKu

SyKu

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

Hello,
I have a strange problem for a long time and it's making me loose my mind, so here it is..
I used to be able to access a website "disclose.tv" and download ".flv" files from it using "Internet Download Manager" with no problems till 3 weeks ago.
with no changes made to any software or hardware I suddenly couldn't resume the download I paused 10 minutes before in "IDM", so I tried going to the site and it displayed:

403 Forbidden
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /members/action/videolist/videotoprated/ on this server.
Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.7 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at http://www.disclose.tv Port 80

So these are the things I tried:

1. using Firefox, IE and Chrome... the same error
2. emptying the cache, cookies history, temp internet files ...etc.... the same error
3. changing my PC's IP... the same error
4. disabling firewall... the same error
5. disabling anti virus... the same error
6. logging on from another computer out of my network... it worked with no problems
7. sending an message to the website's administrators from another computer. they didn't contact me
8. accessing the website through proxy... it worked
9. resitting my router's settings to it's default.. still the same error
10. accessing the website from another PC in my home in the same LAN "connected to the same router" ... still the same 403 error

and i think i've tried other stuff but i just can't recall..

i'm running A Home PC
Windows XP SP3
No firewall
Antivirus: NOD32 2.5
Router:TP-LINK TD-8840T Firmware Version:1.0.2 Build 080520 Rel.36329

I posted this in "Networking" because I think the problem has nothing to do with windows, but it's from the router ... I think.

If you need any more Information please tell me... appreciate your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

When you reset the modem/router, how did you do it? Press the reset button on the back for 5 seconds? or From the web UI?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

When you reset the modem/router, how did you do it? Press the reset button on the back for 5 seconds? or From the web UI?

I reset my router From the web UI... not from the mini button in the back of the router..
Does it matter??

#4 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

I just tried resetting my router by the mini button in the back... sadly the same error ... nothing changed.

#5 phoeneous

phoeneous

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

So basically you cant access it from your works network? That should tell you something. Look at the error again, its all there: "You don't have permission to access /members/action/videolist/videotoprated/ on this server."

#6 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

So basically you cant access it from your works network? That should tell you something. Look at the error again, its all there: "You don't have permission to access /members/action/videolist/videotoprated/ on this server."

NO it's not my "works network" it's my "Home Network"
and i'm trying to find out why am i no longer have permission?? 'when abviously i didn't do anythin' and i used to have permission...

and how to regain the permission?? if the server blocked me, can't I change my identity or the identity of my router as the server see it??? but please not by proxy, I think my bandwedth goes slow when I use it plus I don't really think that it's a practical solution... Thank You

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

No it doesn't matter which you use to reset the router. I asked because sometimes, with the button, people think they reset it when they didn't is all.

If the website blocked you, then they blocked your IP address. Because you said you tried accessing on a different network and it worked but it didn't work when you accessed it through your network even from a different PC. I am not talking about the IP address of your PC, that was given by your router. I am talking about the IP address your ISP assigns to you.

If the site did that then you'd need to contact them about why you were blocked and what you can do about getting unblocked. You have reset your router twice now so any setting that could have been in the router to block you would be gone.

ps. no need to quote the previous posts

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#8 phoeneous

phoeneous

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

/members/action/videolist/videotoprated/

Looks like it may be linked from a favorite. What happens when you type the url in to the address bar directly and just hit enter?

#9 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

So how do I know the IP that the ISP assigns to me, so I could contact the website's administerators and send it to them and say "here's my IP please check why it's being blocked and if it's just an error please unblock me"

#10 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

/members/action/videolist/videotoprated/

Looks like it may be linked from a favorite. What happens when you type the url in to the address bar directly and just hit enter?

it gives me the same error. here it is:

403 forbidden

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
---------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.7 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at disclose.tv Port 80

#11 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

http://www.whatismyip.com/ will display your IP address right at the top of the page. I personally wouldn't send my IP address to someone but that is me. You would be better off asking them if they block IP addresses and explain that you get the 403 error then go from there. don't post the IP address you get on that page anywhere.

#12 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

thanks CaveDweller2 I'll check this out... appreciate your help ...

#13 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

So, I checked whatismyip.com and I got this message:

Your IP Address Is: xx.xxx.xx.62 "off course the Xs are numbers"

then I did some operation which they recommended to change my IP, then I checked my IP again, and the last two numbers changed
Your IP Address Is: xx.xxx.xx.86

so I checked disclose.tv , and to my surprise I got the same '403 Forbidden' error,so I changed my IP again:
Your IP Address Is: xx.xxx.xx.21

and still I got the same error...
what should I do? I'm starting to think that there is no solution to this problem, no one on the web is able to help me fix it
If any one has any clue please tell me... thank you...

#14 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

So you bypassed the router and connected directly to the modem? Because that is what they said to do. you are logging in from home right? you don't have this saved to your favorites and you are using that link?

#15 SyKu

SyKu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:36 AM

actually I don't know how or what does it mean to bypassed the router and connected directly to the modem, so I don't think I did that. and who said to do that??

and yes I'm logging in from home.
and yes I don't have this saved to my favorites and I'm using that link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users