Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

i turned on my computer and my wallpaper was gone. all the icons and start menu are still there, but instead of as wallpaper there is a green screen. everything still works like it should there is just no wallpaper. i've tried using one of the pictures that came with the os and that didnt work so i took some pics from google images and that still did'nt work out to well.

any ideas will be much appreciated.

-thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

From what ive googled it seems that you've got a virus which has changd a registry value preventing the wallpaper to be changed

have u ran any scans at all

#3 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

I've had that happen sometimes, when for some reason, the video driver's don't load for some reason. Try a reboot, and if that doesn't work, run a full virus scan, as well as SpyBot Search & Destroy and A2 malware removal.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

thanks, but i ran spybot and a2. they both removed viruses and a couple of trojans, but i still have no wallpaper.

any more ideas guys?

-thank you so much for the help.

#5 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

download malarebytes update it and run a full scan, make sure you remove the files found from quarentine after the scan

#6 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

still have the same problem even after downloading and running malarebyte.

#7 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

Did it remove trojans or nythin??

i'd advise to run a full scan incase the trojans are back and then do the following, if prompted to restart to remove leave the files in quarentine and do not restart instead follow these instructions:

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix

It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.

Close any open browsers.

Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

The problem is i cant read combo fix logs but if the pc runs fine i guess its fxed it.

Make sure System Restore is also disabled. The virus may try to restore its self though that.

I hope this will work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users