Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KingCaesar

KingCaesar

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

Hey, I want to put an AVI file on a DVD with Nero. How do I do so?

ALSO if it's possible, how do I make it less quality so more minutes of a video can fit in a DVD?

Thanks whoever helps!

(moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 31 July 2005 - 01:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tombstone

Tombstone

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:50 PM

This is a tricky one......

you cannot put an avi directly onto a dvd unless you want to make a dvd rom which is no problem. there are however a number of programs available to create a standard video dvd from an avi file

use a program called TMPGenc to turn the file from an AVI file into a dvd compliant MPEG file.

then use TMPGenc DVD Author to create the dvd files that NERO 6 needs to burn a standard dvd.

both programs are excellent and dvd author lets you create a menu for your dvd also.

email me at xxxxxxxxxxx if you want to ask any questions and i'll be happy to talk you through it.
Hope this helps.

Mod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you might want.

Edited by tg1911, 10 August 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#3 keilpark

keilpark

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

Hi,
if you have nere all you need is nero's vision express.
just pick the file and it will convert it to dvd and burn also you can cange the video option to make it smaller ..........

#4 KingCaesar

KingCaesar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

Hi,
if you have nere all you need is nero's vision express.
just pick the file and it will convert it to dvd and burn also you can cange the video option to make it smaller ..........

Thanks, but where do I make it smaller? Express?

#5 Michael Warren

Michael Warren

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

A good program to compress your video files in is adobe encore.

#6 KingCaesar

KingCaesar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:12 PM

Well thats good, thanks, but I thought there was a way to make it so your DVD can hold more minutes but less quality..

#7 Tombstone

Tombstone

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

in order to compress the file to a smaller one to fit more onto a dvd you need to use nero recode (in nero express), only problem is, only the newest and top of the range dvd players will recognise discs burned in this format.

#8 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

winAVI i think you can batch convert to put 2 movies onto a dvd. but not totally sure on that tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users