Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EBook Maker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jadag

jadag

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:00 PM

Hi :thumbsup:

It was suggested that I put my request here. Because I am unable to get around at the moment, I have been looking for a way to earn some cash from home.

I have written a book on Addiction which I would love to market as an Ebook but can't find a free Ebook-maker which takes graphics and tables ... the best commercial program I've "trial-ed" is Treepad Business Edition V 7.1.7 (which I can't afford :flowers: ), so if anyone knows of a similar freeware program, drop me a line! :trumpet:

Thanks
Jadag (Montreal, Canada)

"If you know you're going to lose - lose quickly!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

There are so many ebook formats out there. Which type of format do you want? PDF?

#3 jadag

jadag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:30 PM

Actually, I haven't been able to find any that meet the requirements I mentioned; :thumbsup:

1. It must be freeware ... and clean (no ad's, no spyware etc.)
2. It must be able to accept graphics (mostly jpg's)
3. It must have the ability to change fonts (and font-sizes and font-colors)

Any format that does the above would be good but *.exe seems to be the prefered format around.

What I liked about the Treepad Business Edition (V7.1.7.) was the tree structure panel on the left (similar to Acrobat).

This would allow me to list all the modules and their sub-chapters in tree format and the chapter content (text, graphics and tables) in the main panel.

Also there is a free program that converts Treepad files into Ebook formats (*.exe). What I didn't like was the price (due to my disability, I am on a very limited income :flowers: ).

Almost all the freeware Ebookmakers I have seen can't accept graphics or have very limited text formatting abilities.

However if you come across anything, I would be very grateful if you would send me the link. :trumpet:
Jadag (Montreal, Canada)

"If you know you're going to lose - lose quickly!"

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

Did some searching, and found these.
Not sure if it's what your looking for, or not.
Both Freeware.
NATATA eBook Compiler
EBook Builder

Edited by tg1911, 04 August 2005 - 02:10 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users