Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New home built computer, somethings not right..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rinzu

Rinzu

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hello,

My dad and I recently built a new computer for school to support massive 3d modeling, but something went fishy after the trip back to school. It blue screened, failed to start back to windows. I managed to system restore it back to a good configuration, haven't had any blue screen issues since then but while trying to install programs for school, It been fussy. I will get random errors about it not being able to find certain system files, I'm not sure if some of my drivers are not configured right or it its something external not set up right? I'm not sure if the HJT forms will help solve this?

also, The install for 3ds max 2010 has failed as well as corel painter 11

another edit - my windows updater can't update, i get the 8007370B error, and none of the fixes seem to work.. just something really off preventing it from being fixed?
-Error 0x8007000d windows standalone installer

Attached Files

Edited by Rinzu, 20 October 2009 - 01:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rinzu

Rinzu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

re-formating. Close this thread please.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Thank you for letting us know. Sometimes reformatting and reinstalling is the best and quickest solution.

Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :(
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users