Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infinite Loop SiSGrv Can't even boot into safe mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 killarb634

killarb634

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

So i was changing the background on my computer. XP Home with Service Pack 3. Blue Screen Pops up

Sis GRV

Error is 0x000000ea (0x959b1508 0x85AEF2a0 0xF79D5CB4 0X00000001)

Well i restart and try to boot into safe mode. I can't It goes to windows recovery screen but when i press up or down the highlight doesn't move and stays on boot windows normally. so it trys to boot normally and goes back to the blue screen again.

I can press keys to enter setup but once xp starts to load i can't press anything to get into safe mode.

Help if you can.

Thanks in advance for your help

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

Sis GRV relates to what is known as a Compatible Super VGA Display Driver for Windows XP program

Your stop error 0x000000ea is a video device error.

My guesstimation is that you have a corrupt video driver. I would start in safe mode and uninstall and then reinstall your video drivers.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:14 AM

I can press keys to enter setup but once xp starts to load i can't press anything to get into safe mode.

If you are using a USB keyboard, that could be the reason.
Do either of the following ...
1. Use a PS2 keyboard or adapter USB > PS2
2. In the BIOS Setup Menu, enable "USB Legacy support" or "USB Keyboard support" of some similarly worded option. Save and exit.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users