Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't move cursor, BSOD (0x0000007F) loop. Help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EvanMiller864

EvanMiller864

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

Alright, so here's my problem. Out of nowhere, when I boot Vista, my cursor is stuck in the bottom left corner of the screen. My desktop come up fine, but I still can't move the cursor. Then, the BSOD hits. The computer reboots, and the loop continues. I don't know what happened.

Here's some notes on my computer:
Gateway NV12 Laptop, bought in July '09
Vista 64-bit Service Pack 2

Some things I've recorded from the BSODs under "Technical Information":

STOP: 0x0000007F

storport.sys

I have the recovery disks that Gateway instructed me to make, but I'm afraid that if I run them, I will lose all my (un-backed-up) data, which I will NOT let happen. If I can just repair Vista with them, then ok, I'll do it.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TwoDigitz

TwoDigitz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

This is likely to be your RAM so if you have any warranty left you should take advantage of it or if you take it to a repair shop ask them if its possible to have your RAM replaced for free as most RAM manufacturers give a lifetime guarantee and then you will only have to pay for their time.

#3 EvanMiller864

EvanMiller864
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Just tried some more solutions.

1) Tried System Restore. Didn't work. Came up with error that it couldn't create a file that already existed.
2) Tried to make a new partition to install the Windows 7 RC and use that, but GParted isn't letting me partition my drive until I run "chkdsk /f", which I have no way of doing.

Ugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users