Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 - e-mail stuck in outbox (depends on ISP)...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tbone1031

tbone1031

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Ok gang, I have one that really is throwing me for a loop. One computer in my company is having difficulties in sending e-mails through Outlook 2007 running POP3. The part that has me scratching my head is that everything works fine while the computer is connected here in our office, but whenever she leaves, she has intermittent sending issues... it just hangs in the ourbox. It works for the first few minutes then stops sending them out. I have searched all through the Microsoft site and couldn't find anything that related.

Any ideas on what to look for?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

I had a similar issue, though it may not be the same.

Some ISP's (like AT&T, who I hate and despise and upon whom I heap curses and incantations of evil) won't let you use any SMTP server other than theirs to send mail, even if the e-mail account isn't with them. You have to go through a whole rigamaroll to set it up.

But like I said, your issue may be (and probably is) something different. Are there any error messages?

#3 Ray_

Ray_

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

Check her Outlook configuration to ensure that her SMTP server address is not pointing to a local address. This could be what is causing her Outlook client to work internally on the company's network and not her home line.

If that's not the case, I would have her try to connect from another connection, different from her home and office line. Basically confirm that it works in another location so you can isolate the problem to only her home internet connection... Could be something simple such as her router's firewall is blocking non-http traffic and needs a quick reconfiguration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users