Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

password protecting files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SIOUXSIEfan

SIOUXSIEfan

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:05 AM

ok well my little sister has been going into all of my music folders and well renameing crap and well it is really ticking me off is there anyway to password protect certain folders without having to add another account to my xp settings

help me please
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

Theres certain programs you can download that will make you enter a password to acess a file.

But most of those you have to buy.

I reccomend this:

Right click your music folder, and near the bottom click properties. Look at the bottom of the menu for checkboxesthat say read only and hidden. Check the hidden box and click apply, hit apply to all folders and subfolders.. Now the file will disappear, but dont worry.

Click tools in the top address bar, then click folder options in the submenu. Click the view tab that comes up with a new window, in the list of radio buttons, find the one that says hidden files and folders, and right under that select show hidden files and folders, then click ok. Then go back to your music folder. your music file is now accessable when you show hidden files and folders. But when you hide them again your sister shalll not be able to see them.

Kinda annoying if you listen to music every day but a goood way to make sure no one sees your stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users