Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sonic stage

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maidenwales

maidenwales

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

hi guys, i have a sony walkman, and with it came a sofware package called "sonic stage" its a very user friendly package, but for same reason its started jamming up on me. i have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, ive even tried sytem restore. when i wen system restore it wouln't allow me to uninstal it? can anybody point me in the right direction for a fix, or even a similar bit of software i can use. it makes it really akward trying to put music on the walkman without it????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

Something like this? Content Transfer Software for Walkman

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 maidenwales

maidenwales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

thanks animal. that will sort the transfer problem anyway...............................

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

Sorry I didn't have a fix for your original application. I am totally unfamiliar with it. But hopefully the alternative will solve the issue. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

To uninstall SonicStage, you will need to follow these steps:

Make sure you have backed up your Library before performing the below steps.

1. Go to Control Panel (Start>Settings>Control Panels on some computers).
2. Open Add/Remove Programs, and find SonicStage in the list of installed applications.
3. When you find it, click Change/Remove next to its name.
4. When this has completed, return to the Add/Remove Programs window.
5. Find OpenMG Secure Module and click the Change/Remove button next to its name.
6. When uninstalling is finished, you will be required to restart your computer.

If either of these items are not listed:
Once rebooted, open My Computer and delete the following folders:

* C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage
* C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\OpenMG

After these folders are removed, go to: Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.

Check Temporary files and click OK.

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/dna/tutori....aspx?l=en#faq6

Click on the +'s by Notes on using Sonicstage and Sonicstage related functions and issues

Edited by garmanma, 19 October 2009 - 05:57 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 maidenwales

maidenwales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

thanks a million guys. i'm going to try that now. whenever i uninstalled it i never looked for the open mg files
so hopefully that will do it. ill let you know how i get on. another smal problem i'm having is writing music to cd's ??? when i burn a disk using any software it for some reason does'nt close the disk. the disc plays in the car but not on the hi-fi or my daughters portable cd player ?? it comes up "disc not finalised" ??? when i burn one on my older, much slower pc, using something like windows media player its fine. ive gone through the settings in windows media player on each machine and they are the same. so i have no idea why this is happening either ??????

#7 maidenwales

maidenwales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

garmanma: did that mate. no joy its still the same. when i re install it all the lirary and everything is still there???? i follow the steps to import all my music as it asks me and it just jams!! ill give up and move on i think. no wonder its bloody free sofware !! lol. thanks for the help anyway lads .................................................

#8 maidenwales

maidenwales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

that should be "library" there, not lirary (night shift last night !!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users