Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing my Windows Vista..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Craft

Craft

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

Umm i keep getting this error when i try to install my copy of vista..

I put CD in, i click on install and this comes up...
Posted Image

I clicked next and it asks for my cdkey...
Posted Image

I put in my cdkey correctly...
Posted Image

When i click next like 4sec later i get this error...
Posted Image

Someone please help me :huh:... Dumb MS Dont have any info on their site on how to fix this problem.. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

Someone please help me :huh:... Dumb MS Dont have any info on their site on how to fix this problem..  :huh:

This is a BETA Test of MS Vista. There are going to be tons of errors and problems. You're pretty much on your own. You did do a dual boot install right?

Edited by efizzer, 31 July 2005 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 ijloo

ijloo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

I could not get a fresh install to work, however after loading XP, I was able to upgrade to Longhorn... uhm I mean Vista...

#4 vlad27

vlad27

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:31 AM

Hey guys, download dameon tools. Choose a drive Letter that is not in operation like K or something by right clicking on the icon, and select mount. Browse for the ISO file and then select mount. The Icon should turn green. Then go to my computer look for the driver letter and double-click to proceed to setup. It works like a charm. Hope this helps.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

Craft you installing Vista under Virtual PC? Or is this a complete install?

#6 meepz

meepz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:57 AM

when i installed vista.. i put the cd in and then pressed next entered the cd key.. tehn when i restarted it would just shut my monitor off right before this step http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss15nt.png ...when it said Setting up Windwos or whatver.. so i rebooted.. same thing... then i took the cd out and it worked.. i dont know why but it did

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users