Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

speed of torrents

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 etSNEAK

etSNEAK

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

When I download torrents I usually get a speed around 500-700KB/sec if it has decent seeders. I gave my friend in Canada the exact same torrent and he only gets about 25 KB/sec. Yes, his port is open..I checked on Teamviewer. I tried my settings on his torrent app, I know they may not work as well for him as me but we both did a speed test and his internet appears to be faster than mine. So there's no problem with bandwidth limiting on his side. Nobody else on his network is using the connection so I really am stumped on this. Maybe something is blocking his connection :/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Perhaps his ISP is throttling torrent traffic?

#3 etSNEAK

etSNEAK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

thats what I suggested but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this before having him resort to calling his ISP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users