Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely long boot time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alpinechild

alpinechild

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

I have a fairly new (6 months) HP Pavilion DV3 which runs Vista Home Premium 64. For the last few weeks, at startup it goes to a screen that gives options "Launch startup repair (recommended)" or "Start Windows normally". The repair option will proceed to a screen "Your computer was unable to start - Startup repair is checking your system for problems - attempting repairs" and after several minutes "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically". If I pick "Start Windows normally" it will show a progress bar for a while, then the screen will go black and after 15 minutes it will go to Logon screen. From there on Windows will run as usual.

At the suggestion of HP customer service, I have disabled all items in Startup menu, done BIOS flash and updated chipset driver. None of these has improved the boot time. If anybody here could help me out with this I would be grateful. Thx,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pc-details

pc-details

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:14 AM

I have seen problems with the IEEE1394 Drivers in HP Pavilions. Try disabling this device.

#3 MichaelMatirko

MichaelMatirko

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

If you have the system restore disc, try re-installing vista.
Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users