Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC speakers quiet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 woejipums

woejipums

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

OK, tried on both a win7 computer and a vista pc...and these speakers i bought are VERY quiet when plugged into my audio jack. I have moved all of the sliders to max and there is no volume control on the speakers. i've installed the audio drivers for my mobo recommended for the OS, as have i done on my laptop running vista. I plug in these speakers (to the correct jack i might add) and they are so quiet they are almost inaudible.

Here's the strange thing...i can plug the speakers into my ipod and they play very loudly by comparison......!!!!!

I also have monitor speakers, and have them plugged into the jack for now...and they play fine...and at respectable volumes. If that's not weird, i dont know what is. Headphones also work fine plugged into either computer. Anyone have any idea what i'm missing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Strob

Strob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

Did you click on the mixer (under sound icon) and see if everything is at the max?

#3 woejipums

woejipums
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

yes :thumbsup:

#4 woejipums

woejipums
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

Just bumping as they moved this to another section.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Do you have a make/model number for the speakers?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 woejipums

woejipums
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

WELL EFF...they're polk audio's that are not powered. i found a number of people stating the same problem. It's that my soundcard doesnt have enough power isnt it? I have onboard sound on a p5ql pro

#7 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

Have you tried them on another computer, maybe a friend's pc ?

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

they're polk audio's that are not powered It's that my soundcard doesnt have enough power isnt it?

Yes
You need an amp
Now that we know what we are dealing with you might get more suggestions
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 woejipums

woejipums
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

good call. I googled the model # and got other people w/ similar issues. i think they're supposed to come with a sub which i assume provides some kind of power to the speakers. ho hum guess i'll have to look at some more goodwill's until i find a powered sub to plug them into. Until then, i guess i just play my ipod on them.

gracias. your model # suggestion saved the day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users