Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Haveing NTLDR and hal.dll problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DREW ANOMALY

DREW ANOMALY

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Ok i just got an update for 3 windows sicurity things and it wanted to restart my pc so after an hour i let it restart my pc. after booting up a windows error box poped up saying there was a hal.dll error and a MOM.exe error not loading or sumthing. so i hit ok on the 2 differnet boxes and the pc restart by its self this happend 2 times then on the 3rd restart i tryed to start in safe mode it got stuck in boot up and so a held down the power butten and turned it off. after a few minutes i turned my system back on and then was getting a NTLDR is missing message and windows wont load. so i read alot and tryed replacing the nicing files and could not get it to work through windows recovery using the windows cd. i finaly found some files to boot it from a flash drive. XP_Emergency_Boot_Loader_on_USB and got past the error of NTLDR SCREEN but the hal.dll error screen now pops up and windows wont load. Please any help any one can give would be nice
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Post the exact error message, please.

Louis

#3 DREW ANOMALY

DREW ANOMALY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

Ok i just got an update for 3 windows sicurity things and it wanted to restart my pc so after an hour i let it restart my pc. after booting up a windows error box poped up saying there was a hal.dll error and a MOM.exe error not loading or sumthing. so i hit ok on the 2 differnet boxes and the pc restart by its self this happend 2 times then on the 3rd restart i tryed to start in safe mode it got stuck in boot up and so a held down the power butten and turned it off. after a few minutes i turned my system back on and then was getting a NTLDR is missing message and windows wont load. so i read alot and tryed replacing the nicing files and could not get it to work through windows recovery using the windows cd. i finaly found some files to boot it from a flash drive. XP_Emergency_Boot_Loader_on_USB and got past the error of NTLDR SCREEN but the hal.dll error screen now pops up and windows wont load. Please any help any one can give would be nice
thanks

Im sorry i dont remember the windows error message i just remember that it had something to do with hal.dll wont load. and the other was MOM.exe problem running and will be shut down i think. but the dos error messages i get are windows cannot run <windows root>\system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupted need to reinstall and the other is NTLDR MISSING press any key to restart. TO fix this problem i got a boot able usb and put 3 files in it. boot.ini ntdetect.com NTLDR THESE ARE THE 3 FILE IN THE FLASHDRIVE. usig the flash drive allowed me to get past the NTLDR screen but then the next screen says that - Windows could not start because the folowing file is messing or corrupted. <windows root>\system32\hal.dll Please reinstall a copy of the above file. Im not sure what to do next i tryed to find a way to reinstall a copy of that file but was unsucessful.
thanks for your help

#4 DREW ANOMALY

DREW ANOMALY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Post the exact error message, please.

Louis

Sorry forgot to add I have a HP Media Center PC m1270n
Just resently got it updated to windows sp3 about a week ago.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:59 AM

Take a look at Hal.dll Missing Or Corrupt - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3962105

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users