Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox repeatedly crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dex7491

Dex7491

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hi everyone. I'm a new user on these forums and I really need some help. If I make a noob mistake or am doing something wrong obviously, please let me know. It wouldn't be the first time, nor would I be surprised. :thumbsup:

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox browser January the second of this year. At first, it worked beautifully. I loved the customization options and the increased freedom over the corporate barbarian that is IE. However, in the past three months, my mozilla has simply ceased to function. It will execute, open, run ok, than I click a link, and poof. It dies. An error report screen comes up, I report the error, and then reopen the page.

I understand that this is precious little information, but whatever else I need to post I gladly will. Just please let me know the steps to take. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

Clear out your cookies in Tools>Options>Privacy>Show Cookies>Remove All Cookies. Next click on Help>Check for Updates. If there are any then install and then click on tools>add-ons and update extensions and plugins. Once you are finished then see if Firefox is still crashing.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users