Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Roosterboy

Roosterboy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

I had a malware attack on my Dell running XP package 2. Was able to run Malwarebytes', Spybot, and AVG free 8.5. They all found various items, but the virus kept taking out the AVG every reboot. Now it is just the BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0X0000000A (0XF7E9C033, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804DC25D)
I cannot get past the blue screen, not in normal mode, safe mode, last known good configuration, debugging, I have even tried to reinstall the OS disk, but it will not get past the blue screen. Did this thing just kill my computer? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. RB.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

Are you sure your computer is set to boot from a CD?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Roosterboy

Roosterboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

No I'm not sure it is, I don't recall ever booting up from the CD drive. I just assumed it would since Dell included the recovery disc on CD. Any way to get it to boot up from the CD drive? It does whir and spin and the little indicator lights up when I try to start up with the disc in, but goes right to the blue screen every time. I have noticed another user mention that they had the same problem (blue screen) after a possible infection then updating their computer at Microsoft's website. I did the same thing and after the update just the blue screen.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

Reboot the computer. When the Dell logo appears hit the F12 key to enter the boot menu.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 JOHNNYAPPLE42

JOHNNYAPPLE42

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

I have the same problem BSOD can't use safe mode or anything else. I even used my restore disk it starts loading and after it says windows is starting up I get the blue screen again. I need help never faced this problem before.

#6 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

I have the same problem BSOD can't use safe mode or anything else. I even used my restore disk it starts loading and after it says windows is starting up I get the blue screen again. I need help never faced this problem before.

WELCOME to the BleepingComputer Forums, JOHNNYAPPLE42.

Please start your own (new) thread with your system details, error details, description of the problem and importantly, details of what was happening/what you were doing before the problem developed. It is too difficult to assist two people with problems in the one thread, and having your own thread will make things easier for all.

Thank you.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#7 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

If you cant do anythin at all without hitting the BSOD then i guess the pc is dead im afraid, try what budapest said and see what happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users