Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 plumbarius

plumbarius

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

After rebooting with MS updates, blue screen showed up. 2nd sentence- a thread tried to release a resource it did not own.

I tried start windows normally, safe mode, and last known good configuration and get blue screen everytime. I did not try any of the other choices; like reboot as I did not want to ruin anything on hard drive if it can be saved.

I am on Dell PC, XP and other than occasional viruses have had little trouble in the 3-4 years I've had it.

Thanks,
Plumarius

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

Worth a look, http://www.faultwire.com/solutions_bsod/A_...000E3-1226.html.

I would search the C: partition for any .dmp files...and then apply the following: Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

Louis

#3 plumbarius

plumbarius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

I tried a reboot, but blue screen came back up. I could not attempt another reboot as we lost power for 12 hours (damn nor'easter)!

#4 FMcQ

FMcQ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

After rebooting with MS updates, blue screen showed up. 2nd sentence- a thread tried to release a resource it did not own.

I tried start windows normally, safe mode, and last known good configuration and get blue screen everytime. I did not try any of the other choices; like reboot as I did not want to ruin anything on hard drive if it can be saved.

I am on Dell PC, XP and other than occasional viruses have had little trouble in the 3-4 years I've had it.

I had the IDENTICAL problem pop up two days ago on a 4-5 year-old Dell after Windows critical updates were applied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users