Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thet Yu Naing

Thet Yu Naing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:03 AM

Hello, everyone,
I have a big problem which bothers and couldn't get enough sleep.
The problem is: all my icons and start button are gone. I don't know why? Is is happened because of virus? But I just bought my computer just one week ago. My computer is Dell9100, 3.0 GHzCpu, 512MB RAM, running windows XP. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot if someone can give me solution for my problem.
Thet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:55 AM

Hi i know this is not much help but if your computer is new then either take it back to shop or get engineer to call as it will be under warranty, and if you have got a virus then what antivirus have you got installed.

Dell put xp in at factory and you only gey certain disks.

Hope this helps you.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:46 AM

It should have set a restore point. If it did, use it to restore your computer to what it was then.

#4 jazz82

jazz82

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

You most likely have the F-Nimda virus.
Go to this first site and get the instructions:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/shellfix.txt

Next go to this site and get the file to fix the problem.

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/shellfix.reg

Good luck...........Jazzbo

Please let us know if this works for you, so as others will then use this for the same problem.

Edited by jazz82, 01 August 2005 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users