Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

another new guy...with issues!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevmichashian

kevmichashian

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:44 AM

hey everyone, 1st time poster, long time viewer. i have visited this site many times for help, and this time its a bit more serious and i need help. what i have is a search engine hijacker....it changes the search results of any search that i do and doesn't matter which engine i use, Google, yahoo, bing, etc....... i am running avg 8.5 free, malwarebytes, ad-aware. they have not been able to fix this issue. even ran combofix with no results. which topic would this be considered? what to post in the right place.
Again hello and thank you! kevin

Edited by kevmichashian, 18 October 2009 - 08:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 z80chip

z80chip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

hey everyone, 1st time poster, long time viewer. i have visited this site many times for help, and this time its a bit more serious and i need help. what i have is a search engine hijacker....it changes the search results of any search that i do and doesn't matter which engine i use, Google, yahoo, bing, etc....... i am running avg 8.5 free, malwarebytes, ad-aware. they have not been able to fix this issue. even ran combofix with no results. which topic would this be considered? what to post in the right place.
Again hello and thank you! kevin

Hi,
I'm newly registered and have the same problem as Kevin. I cleaned up a nasty rootkit virus using combofix and instructions from this site yesterday. I hope we can find a solution to this search engine hijacker problem.

Steve

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hello and welcome to you both..
You both need to start a new topicin the Am I infected? What do I do? forum. Someone will help you from there.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users