Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Webcam Driver won't open

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Laura.E.G.

Laura.E.G.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite A200-TH1 laptop. When I click on the button to open my webcam, which is built into my laptop, a pop-up comes up saying "Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer." It won't let me open the Camera Assistant Software and there's no way to restart the camera itself that I know of. I try restarting my computer but it still doesn't work. Sometimes the webcam opens when I click on it, but the majority of the time this pop-up comes up. I tried reinstalling the webcam driver from the Toshiba website before, but it didn't work. I'm not sure if I installed the right thing or if I went about it correctly, but I need my webcam to be consistently working as soon as possible! Any and all help and advice is appreciated! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users