Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi not showing up, internet not working after virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Natahlie

Natahlie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

hi there.
i recently had to wipe my harddrive on my laptop and reinstall windows due to a particularly bad virus. lo and behold, after reinstalling XP my antena was not registering with the computer.the light indicating that the antena is on works, but when i open the network connection window, there is no section for wireless. i've tried reinstalling the driver for the antena, but to no avail. XP isnt recognizing it.

second issue that someone might be more educated on than me.
i encountered another virus (the google redirect, and a rookkit) several weeks after the reinstallation of windows. i was able to run combofix on the laptop, and remove the viruses, but now internet explorer will not open when i try and connect with my landline. i get a little error box telling me that "windows cannot connect to the specified path, device or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to acces the file". -_- tried reinstalling, but the installation was cancelled because files were missing or i had malicious software.
after running combofix i did notice that the file proquota.exe was listed as missing, but was able to copy and paste it from another computer. would that affect my internet like this?
any help would really be appreciated. i really REALLY dont have to wipe the drive again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users