Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows corrupt file

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisseyMc

ChrisseyMc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

ok i know this has been posted before but no one has the same problems i do. i have tried to re install windows when i did i got this. corrupt file \windows\system32\config\system so i tried to re format my computer and i still got that message. now my computer will not read my cd rom. should i find a computer store to check it out or is there a way to fix this myself? thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

There is almost nothing more you can try if your PC can't read CD-ROM and bootup.

Do you have spare CD-ROM to try out?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

Where did you get the CD...that you are trying to install from?

System manufacturer and model?

Why are you trying to reinstall Windows on top of another install? Why not a clean install?

<<now my computer will not read my cd rom>>

What's the exact error message?

Louis

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

I believe what you have is remnants of the old operating system on the drive which are blocking the CD from loading, as far as I know the only way to fix that is to do a full format using a floppy disk. Most HD manufacturers have a down loadable program for this, if your does not there are solutions on the web to make up a disk.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 ChrisseyMc

ChrisseyMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

I believe what you have is remnants of the old operating system on the drive which are blocking the CD from loading, as far as I know the only way to fix that is to do a full format using a floppy disk. Most HD manufacturers have a down loadable program for this, if your does not there are solutions on the web to make up a disk.

how do i do that with a floppy disk? the computer still does read the a drive

#6 ChrisseyMc

ChrisseyMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

i do not have a seperate cd drive. i used to but it got ruined by a fire. and i got the cd from my school. i did try a clean install i reformated the computer before installing it.

#7 ChrisseyMc

ChrisseyMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

how do i do that with a floppy disk? the computer still does read the a drive

?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users