Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extream Windows Pollice Pro- A mind of its own...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 X-KLiPs

X-KLiPs

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

My own computer has left me out in the cold o.O, now im forced to use my Playstation Network to even communicate online. Windows Police Pro has some very slick tricks up its sleeves, I was trying to solve the problems with it, as I was progressing along it sort of became Artificial Intellegent on me, soon after trying to solve problems it would render that situation useless on me for future use, and before you know it I was back to square one ony now with no power of control anywhere. Here are some problems I am now at: The newest addition to the problem now is 1-The Low disk space on Recovery Drive H: i'v never used that drive since the day I brought the computer brand new. 2- Background under active desktop Recovery. 3- Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator(AND YES IM UNDER ADMINISTRATOR!) 4- Internet Explorer stays on first page which is homepage(Also whenever start-up I have to quickly close each internet explorer windows as it constintly pops up after about 10 seconds it'll stop, once i left it alone to see if it'll stop on its own... well it never did.) 5-Only way to log on as administrator is through safemode and even through there same problems. 6- Have tried to run an install of anything states im not administrator also tried to run any programs or even different antivirus programs I have including the RUN Commands such as CMD MSCONFIG ETC.... I get this Pump.exe popping up in CMD in the background for like a second then that dissappeared.

Now i'v been looking around this site earlier for hours to find similiar problems and find that Fixtm was suppose to help get Task manager control back, i'v downloaded that through Playstation Network on diskdrive and went to the computer only to find out it won't let me merge it that I didn't have rights. Well this is about all I can sum up about my problem at the moment I would accept any help I could get it would be greatly aprietiated thanks, Harley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 X-KLiPs

X-KLiPs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

I am using WinXP pro with service pack 3, have dual amd athlon 5000+ 3 gig ram 8800gtx 1gig mem g force. dunno what other info would help.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hello X-KLiPs
i think we may have rootkits here.
Download this Utility and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the Utility to run it and and let it finish.
When it states Finished! Press any key to exit, press any key to close the program.
It will save a .txt file to your desktop automatically. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as part of the reply in the topic you will create below..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 X-KLiPs

X-KLiPs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

Ok, thank you for the reply.

I download it onto my usbdiskdrive from my playstation then put it into my computer I can see the file, went to copy and paste onto my desktop I get the message: C:\ is not accessible Access is denied I tried moving the file to the desktop same message, I tried running it from the drive, nothing happens.

#5 X-KLiPs

X-KLiPs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

Sorry for taken soo long, was trying out any loopholes to this problem but I think I got it that program to work, what I did was tried to as I stated before copy in paste onto the desktop from the disk, both in regular boot up and safemode, well I did the short cut in reg bootup it works, but the program didn't tried again in safemode it worked so it ran from disk in doing so and because I was in safemode it wouldn't let me update my printer access denied thingy had to go back to reg boot up (had saved txt to disk) then printed from there heres the result in which I have to retype out:
Win32Diag
Running from E:\Win32Diag.exe
Log file at : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Win32Diag.txt
Warning: Could not get backup privileges!
Searching 'C:\WINDOWS'...

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\kbcaptmf.dll

[1] 2008-04-13 20:12:08 49152 C:\WINDOWS\kbcaptmf.dll ()

Cannot access: C:C\WINDOWS\system32\Irmonex.dll

[1] 2004-08-17 20:00:00 73728 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Irmonex.dll ()

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NWCWorkstation.dll

[1] 2004-08-17 20:00:00 143391 C:\WINDOWS\system32\NWCWorkstation.dll ()

Finished!

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hello.
We should double check this file before we take action.
C:\WINDOWS\kbcaptmf.dll
Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
How to see hidden files in Windows

Please click this link-->Jotti

When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.
<filepath>suspect.file

Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.

If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 X-KLiPs

X-KLiPs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Im a bit confused here, I don't have internet ability on my computer as im using my playstation network to access the interenet. So I don't see how I'll beable to scan, I typed everything according to the scan from Win32Diag with no mistakes, Also there is no option to see invisable folders in files at all, I do know that I had have that option set that way to see invisible folders and files because I remember checking about a week ago for something else, but as it comes down to it, i believe that access has been blocked now. just got back from double checking to make note that there isn't an option for invisable folders and files.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Sorry,my bad, ..looks like we either need to go thru the HJT forum or a reinstall.

You will need to run HJT/DDS. Do at least the DDS log.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

#9 X-KLiPs

X-KLiPs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

Sorry I hadn't respond for some time, been trying like hell to get the internet to work but its totally blocked from this problem as you'v heard so far, I have had went through those step you wanted me to do, and by doing it was the short cut from disk that I have copied the programs to and succeded to work, but my main problem is copy and paste all that info on here and I really ha really don't want to manually type all that on here through my playstation network, there is no way to merge the txt files for playstation to able to read from, now it is very late, so i'll try and find another computer mabey in town library to put the disk in and get the ball rolling here tomorrow.

Have a good night.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

Any chance you can put this on your usb and run it. See if you can connect after it.
VIPRE Rescue Program

#11 xklips1

xklips1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

OMG what a killer, I can't even log on this site with my user tried changing passwords the whole works any tools this site has to log in and It would only work up to the point where im waiting for the "NEW" password. Now I had to make a new sign in all over again, had to make up a new email too cause my original is already registerd.
Ok, after many hours doing that anyways heres the update, I came on here a long time ago and downloaded that viper thing onto my disk and went over to the computer and access denied with winzip the whole works, so only option was to extract it to the disk itself that I downloaded it to from the Playstation, By the way forgot to add another problem, where I can't access the cmd from pressing f8 to get to it, says missing ah forgot. but it works just logging into windows safemodes using run command but not in regular boot up. So I ran it from disk it works so far soon after it was done I checked to see how it faired, it appeared nothen changed. After much fiddeling I came across a trick in using internet, you have to set the homepage to whatever site you want just as soon you open internet cause withen 10 seconds it becomes access denied, you can access that site, but thats about it, I had it on bleepingcomputer site, but just as soon you open internet you got about 5 seconds to move around in page in which I clicked on log in, but im not a super fast typer to log in in time to log in before it won't move anymore. Anyways turns out I also have AntiVirus Pro 2010, came across some more problems during my fiddleings arounds, System Restore has been turned off by Group Policy, Dosn't detect hardware changes also nothen comes up in device manager, and many times get this message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. By the way after expermenting for quite some time I finally got Windows Defender to run, came across this files they are all Trojan: Win32\Fakeinit \Hiloti.gen!A \FakeSpyPro \FakeScanti. By the way I found that its Sunday and Library here is closed. Thats my update so far, thanks Harley

#12 xklips1

xklips1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

wow can't do anything anymore, what a major weekend time waster.

Brought this computer with windows xp preinstalled, theres no disk or anything just a reminder...

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

Well you can either borrow anothr XP disk then use your Registration key to reformaat and install or you need to contact that PC manufacturer and get an installation disk.

Edited by boopme, 18 October 2009 - 08:04 PM.

#14 xklips1

xklips1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

So it comes down to it, this is condisdered an impossible task you think?
How does one learn, to crack the impossible, to break limits, and learn from it?

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Well not impossible but very difficult with your inability to copy/paste and no internet connection.
The Only way other than the reformat is thru HJT and they will need logs and downloads.

Your decision as to what action to take should be made by reading and asking yourself the questions presented in this article: When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?

Not an unwise decision to make. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired. Wiping your drive, reformatting, and performing a clean install of the OS or doing a factory restore removes everything and is the safest action but I cannot make that decision for you.

Reformatting a hard disk deletes all data. If you decide to reformat, you can back up all your important documents, data files and photos. The safest practice is not to backup any autorun.ini or .exe files because they may be infected. Some types of malware may disguise itself by adding and hiding its extension to the existing extension of files so be sure you take a close look at the full name. After reformatting, as a precaution, make sure you scan these files with your anti-virus prior to copying them back to your hard drive.

The best proceedure is a low level format. This completely wipes the drive. Then reinstall the OS.
Use the free version of Active@ KillDisk.
Or Darik's Boot And Nuke

The best sources of Information on this are
Reformatting Windows XP
Michael Stevens Tech

Of course also feel free to ask anything on this in the XP forum. They'd be glad to help.

==============================

2 guidelines/rules when backing up

1) Backup all your important data files, pictures, music, work etc... and save it onto an external hard-drive. These files usually include .doc, .txt, .mp3, .jpg etc...
2) Do not backup any executables files or any window files. These include .exe/.scr/.htm/.html/.xml/.zip/.rar files as they may contain traces of malware. Also, .html or .htm files that are webpages should also be avoided.

Download Belarc Advisor - builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser.
Run it and then print out the results, they may be handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users