Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing music files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Triggerhpy

Triggerhpy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:26 PM

First thank to you all my virus is gone, but now all of my music files are too.
I tried a search and found nothing, also my sytem back up date only goes back to
june. I upgraded to sp2 and installed some virus protection but never deleted my
music. I hope is enough info. Thank you in advance. This site is great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:02 AM

Hi have you tried a search on your computer by going to start, search, files and folders type in what you are looking for even let it search hidden files and folders.

If that turns up you music then make another folder for it and store it all in their, if nothing turns up then yes you have probably lost them.

Hope this post has helped you. :thumbsup:
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Triggerhpy

Triggerhpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

I did do a search, including hidden file too. So there just lost then huh?
I didnt want that answer, but thank you anyway.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

Do searches for the types of files your music was, ie, *.wav or *.mp3, etc.

The * is a wildcard which will show you all files that end with the extention, so *.wav will bring up all wavs on the hd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users